Monday 29 October 2012

Signs Of Winter

Sorry for not getting a blog post out, but here it is. I will make it sharp, so I better get on with it!

I was shell-shocked that my ears weren't being funny, but believe it or not, a Common Crossbill flew over the front yesterday, making its chip call. This is a first for the area in my times, so that's made me chuffed. Another regular visitor into the Garden this morning and yesterday has been 2 or 3 Coal Tits...


When I wrote this post, we had just came back from a long awaited Patch visit to Bosmere, and we had a very good session. I am going to show as many pictures of the stuff we saw as possible.

The Pair of Resident G C Grebes

One of about 60 Long-tailed Tits around the patch today

My first Tufted Ducks of the Winter

Plenty of Black-headed Gulls

An interesting fungus on the tree

The view of Bosmere Lake

Some of the really good sightings around Bosmere that weren't photographed was my first Grey Heron at Bosmere in the tree tops, then flew over mums and mines heads, and a Goldcrest amongst the Long-tailed Tits. Also, a Green Woodpecker was heard yaffling in the wood, and also my first few Fieldfares of Bosmere, but no Redwings yet. Now I didn't put on the blog about our very late nesting Collard Doves, that nested in September! I have a picture of when they were in the nest...


Well, here he is now!


Hopefully going out to the Norfolk Coast on Wednesday weather permitting, so we will hopefully catch some rares.
Happy Birding!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ben excellent record of the Crossbill , and a good selection of photos , especially like the Collard Dove on top of chimney , good luck Wednesday , Hope you connect with something good .
    Cheers Rob

    ReplyDelete